Dear Friend, That's Enough
I’m positive that we all have that friend that never knows when we’re tired of see their face, and wants us know what’s happening in their life 24/7. But when they post on Instagram, we don’t really see what’s happening; it’s just their face in different settings and moods. Wait for it…yes, that friend. We love them, and their great company, but you swear if you see one more selfie on Instagram, you’re going to choke them! And you want to tell them, but you can’t figure out the words quite right? Well fret not, for I shall do it for you. Here we go;
Hey, how are you? Great! How’s that work-out going? Fantastic! Good, good…
Ok, now there’s something that’s been on my mind, and in order for our friendship to continue sailing smoothly, we need to sort this out. No, no, sit down. This needs to happen.
So you’ve gotten the most updated phone with fantastic picture quality. Great! You take a picture, you’ve got that perfect angle and the light is hitting just right (let’s not forgets to filter) and you look positively glowing, oh, honey look at them cheekbones! We’re all sincerely happy for you and everything, but that is the 20thselfie you’ve posted on Instagram in the past hour and you need to stop. Like, now. People may not tell you, but I’m trying to be a friend here, so I’m going to fill you in. Everyone cringes when all they see on their feed are your selfies. No really. This is no joke, you may have a serious case of narcissism, and you know what narcissism breeds? Assholes. We don’t need a world with more assholes.
So this is what you need to do. Take as many as you want with your phone, go crazy, have fun, but (and I cannot emphasize this enough) you can only choose 5 to go to the next round. Are you following so far? Great, you already get a star.
Now, add your filters, test them out on the chosen 5 (again, go crazy), but there can only be one winner. There can only be one America’s Next Top Model. It’s ok, cry it out, I’ll wait. There, there. Now are you ready? POST!
Great, now this final step is the hardest. Don’t post for another hour. Yes, I’m serious. Remember “patience is a virtue…To tolerate delay. It implies self-control and forbearance, as opposed to wanting what we want when we want it. Something to think about.” (Some Terminator wisdom to ease the pain.)
Of course if something super amazing happens, then go ahead, and by amazing I mean you randomly run into Kanye West and he agrees to take a picture with you. Are we clear?
Now let’s talk about that selfie you have as your wallpaper…
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Technology Articles
Recent UAlbany News Articles
RECENT UALBANY CLASSIFIEDS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP UALBANY NEWS
- Voto Latino Hosts Event On Climate Change Challenges And Opportunities
- Airlines Are Still Safe, Despite What We Hear
- The Dark Web And Beyond
- For Hillary Clinton, The Devil Is In The Details
- Why You Should Visit Budapest
- 4 Things to Consider When Changing Majors or Plans
- Developing Yourself For Relationships
MOST POPULAR UALBANY NEWS
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeColumbia UniversityCornell UniversityFordham UniversityNew York UniversityUniversity at Buffalo, SUNYStony Brook UniversitySyracuse UniversityBernard M Baruch CollegeHunter CollegeQueens CollegeSt. John's UniversitySUNY at AlbanyBrooklyn CollegeCollege of Staten IslandCity College of New YorkLehman CollegeNew York Institute of TechnologyHofstra UniversityPace UniversityRensselaer Polytechnic InstituteBinghamton UniversityBuffalo State CollegeRochester Institute of TechnologyAdelphi UniversityVassar CollegeSUNY New PaltzManhattanville CollegeState University of New York at GeneseoBarnard CollegeColumbia-Greene Community CollegeDutchess Community CollegeBard CollegeMarist CollegeUlster County Community CollegeMount Saint Mary CollegeYeshiva UniversitySUNY Institute of TechnologyErie Community CollegeSUNY PotsdamGenesee Community CollegeElmira CollegeBrockportRockland Community CollegeIthaca CollegeUniversity of RochesterAlbany College of PharmacyAlfred UniversityBank Street College of EducationBerkeley CollegeBoricua CollegeBriarcliffe CollegeBrooklyn Law SchoolCanisius CollegeCazenovia CollegeClarkson UniversityColgate UniversityCollege of Mount Saint VincentCulinary Institute of AmericaCUNY Graduate School and University CenterCUNY John Jay College of Criminal JusticeCUNY Medgar Evers CollegeCUNY York CollegeD'Youville CollegeDaemen CollegeDominican CollegeDowling CollegeFarmingdale State CollegeFashion Institute of TechnologyFive Towns CollegeGlobe Institute of TechnologyHamilton CollegeHartwick CollegeHilbert CollegeHobart and William Smith CollegesHoughton CollegeIona CollegeKeuka CollegeLe Moyne CollegeLong Island UniversityManhattan CollegeManhattanville CollegeMarymount Manhattan CollegeMedaille CollegeMercy CollegeMetropolitan College of New YorkMolloy CollegeMonroe CollegeMorrisville State CollegeNazareth College of RochesterNew York Law SchoolNew York Medical CollegeNiagara UniversityNyack CollegePolytechnic Institute of New York UniversityPratt InstituteRoberts Wesleyan CollegeSage College of AlbanySt. Bonaventure UniversitySaint John Fisher CollegeSaint Joseph's CollegeSt. Thomas Aquinas CollegeSarah Lawrence CollegeSiena CollegeSkidmore CollegeSt. Francis CollegeSt. Lawrence UniversitySUNY at FredoniaSUNY College at CortlandSUNY College at Old WestburySUNY College at OneontaSUNY at OswegoSUNY at PlattsburghSUNY College at PurchaseSUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at CobleskillSUNY College of Environmental Science and ForestryAlfred State CollegeSUNY CantonSUNY at DelhiSUNY Empire State CollegeSUNY Health Science Center at BrooklynSUNY Upstate Medical UniversitySUNY Maritime CollegeTeachers College, Columbia UniversityThe College of New RochelleThe College of Saint RoseThe Juilliard SchoolThe New SchoolTouro CollegeUnion CollegeUnited States Military AcademyUtica CollegeVaughn College of Aeronautics and TechnologyWagner CollegeThe Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and ArtLaGuardia Community CollegeThe New York Conservatory for Dramatic ArtsSuffolk County Community CollegeBorough of Manhattan Community CollegeKingsborough Community CollegeHudson Valley Community CollegeFinger Lakes Community CollegeAdirondack Community College American Academy of Dramatic Arts- New YorkBronx Community College Cayuga County Community CollegeClinton Community College (NY)Corning Community College Fulton-Montgomery Community CollegeHelene Fuld College of Nursing Herkimer County Community CollegeHostos Community College Jamestown Community College Mohawk Valley Community CollegeMonroe Community College Nassau Community College Onondaga Community College Orange County Community CollegeQueensborough Community CollegeSchenectady County Community CollegeSUNY Broome Community CollegeTompkins-Cortland Community CollegeWestchester Community College
- By State
- By City